This week we published our full Huawei P30 Pro test and oh boy does it with the hype. Our reviewers were very impressed with the camera, which even eliminates photography in low light from the Pixel 3 in our direct comparison. Speaking of Pixel devices, we have reviewed our Pixel 3 rating for 2019 and have reported that the Pixel 2 and 2 XL will no longer be sold. That could make some space in the lineup for the upcoming Pixel 3a.
On the more affordable side, we've reviewed the Moto G7 and Moto G7 Power, fantastic budget devices. The king of budget devices, the Pocophone F1, received a software update that unlocked the 4K recording and the Game Turbo mode, giving the $ 300 device even more value.
April Fools Day was this week and Google met its usual abusive words. What was no joke was the death of yet another Google service, Inbox. We have created a list of alternatives to Inbox for those of you who still use it, including a promising service called Spark. There are also ominous signals that Google Play Music might be the next in the chopping block.
These are the top 10 stories for the week
- Huawei P30 Pro test: a phone with super powers – With an incredible camera and a lifelike battery life, our reviewers loved the latest device from Huawei.
- Huawei P30 Pro vs Pixel 3 XL: the ultimate comparison of cameras in low light – The Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL are known for their low light bravery, but the Huawei P30 Pro is perhaps just the crown.
- Revisited Google Pixel 3: what is being stopped and what hasn't happened after five months – Everyone knows that the Pixel 3 makes great photos, but how good is it out of date in 2019?
- The best Google Inbox alternatives for Android – Google has killed the once innovative Inbox service, but these alternatives can help alleviate the loss.
- Moto G7 and Moto G7 Power review: still the best affordable Android phones – Motorola has released great budget devices for years and the Moto G7 is no exception.
- Here are Google & # 39; s Fool & # 39; s Day gags from April: from Google Tulip to spoon bending in Gboard – This year, Google & # 39; s jokes have an app that cleans your screen, a talking tulip and more.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10: all rumors in one place – The Samsung Galaxy S10 is still fresh from the ports, but that does not mean that it is too early for a Galaxy Note 10 hype.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active rating: great hardware abandoned due to irregular tracking – This attractive and lightweight device looks like a winner, but left us disappointed.
- Apple Arcade: is it bad news for Android? – Apple Arcade promises to bring high-quality games to mobile devices, but does Android get stuck in the dust?
- The story behind Snapchat & # 39; s Android rebuild – The Android app from Snapchat has a long history of problems, so we talked to the developers to hear their side of the story.
More information about the Android Authority Podcast
On this week's podcast, we give our thoughts on the end of Inbox and Google Plus, as well as the early rollout of 5G in Chicago.
Do you want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe with your favorite player below!
Google Podcasts – iTunes – Pocket Casts
Who wants to win a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus?
This week we are giving away a brand new Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. Enter this week's Sunday competition for your chance to win!