Skip to content
This week in Android: the P30 Pro increases mobile photography
The big news this week was the Huawei event in Paris, where it unveiled the P30 and P30 Pro. The P30 Pro offers incredible cameras, which took first place at DxOMark. In practice, the camera meets the hype and surpasses both the P20 Pro and the Samsung S10 Plus with ease.
We also tested the Huawei Matebook 14, a new laptop that will contribute to Huawei's revenue growth.
In other device news we have looked at the Samsung Galaxy S10 and the Samsung Galaxy A30, AKA, the awkward stepchildren of the Galaxy line. We also got a taste of the impressive 100-watt charger from Xiaomi and a new foldable telephone. That was not the only new concept phone, because the unique pop-up camera from Oppo Reno leaked in all its shark fins.
These are the top 10 stories for the week
- Handy Huawei P30 and P30 Pro: zoom in on the future – Huawei & # 39; s latest leather from last year's P20 Pro and takes the & # 39; s camera from your phone to a whole new level. Get all the details here.
- Is the Huawei P30 Pro camera worth the hype? See for yourself – We take the newly released P30 Pro in the streets of Paris to see if it really meets the marketing. Spoiler heating: that's right.
- Huawei P30 camera & # 39; s: all new technology explained – 40 MP SuperSpectrum f / 1.6 sensor, 20 MP f / 2.2 wide angle, 8 MP f / 3.4 telephoto periscope … What does all this mean? We break it all up here.
- What a professional photographer can do with a cheap Android phone camera – Not everyone can afford the newest and best camera phones, but that doesn't mean you can't take great photos – if you have the right skills.
- What is pixel binning? Everything you need to know – Did you know that the 12MP camera of a Pixel 3 offers higher resolution photos than a 40MP camera of a P30 Pro? Discover why here!
- Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Finding the middle ground is difficult – The middle child of the Samsung Galaxy S10 line has difficulty finding its place in the family. View our full review here.
- Samsung vs Huawei reverse wireless charging test – The Mate 20 Pro and the Samsung Galaxy S10 line offer reverse wireless charging. We both tested to see which comes on top.
- Wi-Fi 6 explained: what to know about the next generation of wireless access – Wi-Fi 6 is the newest wireless standard since 2013. View some of the possible benefits of this explanation.
- How to make an Android game for complete beginners – Do you think you can be the next big mobile indie developer? This complete guide will help you on your way!
- In light of the potential price increase, who could be the next Xiaomi? – Xiaomi dethroned Oneplus and Huawei as the budget kings a while back, but who could be next in the portfolio-friendly pedigree?
More information about the Android Authority Podcast
On this week's podcast we discuss the P30 Pro and the cool new Oppo Reno camera with shark fin / pizza slice.
Do you want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe with your favorite player below!
Google Podcasts – iTunes – Pocket Casts
Who wants to win a Huawei P30 Pro?
This week we are giving away a brand new Huawei P30 Pro. Enter this week's Sunday competition for your chance to win!
Don't miss this video & # 39; s
That's all people! We have another free giveaway promotion and more top Android stories for you next week. Stay up to date with our newsletters via the link below to stay up to date with everything that Android Authority is doing in the meantime.